 Off-Topic / Geek / 5221
  Re: Taking shortcuts

(...) But that was a long time ago :-) Nowadays we *do* have an awful lot of disk space, and don't really have to squeeze the files. OTOH, every 'unnecessary' byte to read will take time, again and again while rendering, unless the rendering program (...) (14 years ago, 21-Jul-10, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Taking shortcuts

(...) I'm not worried about disk space so much as I am worried about render/move/edit time. Unnecessary polygons, even after being read in and converted into internal models, take time to process. I think you can see the difference in POVray render (...) (14 years ago, 21-Jul-10, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Taking shortcuts

(...) Acually, I think you moved it to lugnet.cad, BICBW 8?) ROSCO (14 years ago, 22-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Taking shortcuts

(...) You, sir, are the cad's meow:-p JOHN (14 years ago, 22-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad, FTX)