 Off-Topic / Geek / 4970
  A goofy but probably very simple question

What would be the mass of a cubic centimeter of solid hydrogen? I ask because it occurred to me last week that the dry ice I was fiddling with weighed substantially more in solid form than as a gas (now there’s a groundbreaking scientific (...) (20 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: A goofy but probably very simple question

(...) Who needs knowledge when you have google? Solid hydrogen has a density of .088 g/cm^3. Which is, incidentally, about 10,000 times heavier than its gaseous form. (URL) Adrian (20 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: A goofy but probably very simple question

(...) Thanks, Adrian! Now, can you send me a sample? Dave! (20 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)