 Off-Topic / Geek / 4817
    Re: Tanks or Power Armor —Joseph Sibilia-Young
   To offer a different POV, I believe that power armor should be used in space as an asset to ship-to-ship combat operations as commandos or raiders It could also be used in a repair role where dexterity is needed but the area is too dangerous for a (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Tanks or Power Armor —David Laswell
   (...) Navigation in space is hair-raising enough as it is. I shudder to think of how much more complicated this would become if you start needing to account for body stance when using thrusters. I could maybe see the idea of using humanoid (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Tanks or Power Armor —Joseph Sibilia-Young
   (...) I was thinking these would be more for clambering around and inside capital ships, not so much for zero-g combat as you imply. The suits would reach their targets in projectile pods (ala Heinlein) or use "point-n-shoot" thrusters attached (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Tanks or Power Armor —David Laswell
   (...) I guess I could see that. I'm not sure a true humanoid shape would be the optimal way to go, given how tall it'd have to be to accomodate a human pilot, but a walker of some sort could have the advantage of being able to claw its way around, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)