 Off-Topic / Geek / 4804
    Re: Tanks or Power Armor —Ryan Wood
   (...) I don't know jack about real-world tank design and specifications, and haven't given much thought to potential powersuit concepts, but this has been a very cool discussion to read all day. I certainly see a place for tanks in the future, as (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

        (canceled) Larry Pieniazek

         Re: Tanks or Power Armor —Dan Boger
     (...) That's not that different than today's tanks shooting while on the move - the recoil is taken into effect, but it's not nearly as powerful as the drive. Also, don't forget that the mass of a round is minute compared to the mass of the tank. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

        Re: Tanks or Power Armor —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I agree! (...) Either that or they’d use recoilless weapons (venting exhaust gasses from projectile weapons, or energy weapons of some sort, or whatever) However I think there’s still the billiard ball effect. When struck with a projectile, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Tanks or Power Armor —Tyler Walles
   (...) When I think of what happens when a hover tank fires, i remember a little scene from star wars a phantom menace, the entire tank kinda glides back from kickback and the barrel has telesoping action to help in the kick back (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)