 Off-Topic / Geek / 476
Re: The Pleiades
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 17:25:20 GMT

Op een zekere dag, te weten Mon, 6 Sep 1999 06:41:35 GMT, klom "Sproaticus"
<jsproat@io.com> in het toetsenbord en schreef ons:

Wow.

It's after midnight and I'm walking my dog, in what must be some of the
thickest light pollution in which one can see stars, when I glance at
something I've never noticed before, just above the east horizon.  The
Pleiades were just bright enough, with no other stars visible in the
neighborhood.  Tiny little things, but so intense!  I now understand why
mythologies were told about them.  Beautiful!  I don't think I'll ever not
notice them again.

Next time, I'm using binocs on a tripod.  On the mountain.  With Barbara to
show them off to.  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

Yeah, they're beautiful. I remember the first time I looked at them through
a telescope.....  Low magnification (it's big enough), but a large mirror,
to see a faint of the nebula surrounding a few of them....

Ardjan

ps. For those who don't know them, look at the subaru-logo....  8-)

-----
Ardjan's YALP (Yet Another Lego Page) at
http://unet.univie.ac.at/~a8705125/ardjan