 Off-Topic / Geek / 4580 (-5)
  Re: We're here to go

(...) Okay, that's pretty cool (but you lose points for using "bootstrap"). I was only thinking of vehicles launched from Earth and using the Moon as a waystation, rather than craft built in orbit or on the Moon. But wouldn't it be monstrously (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Downloading a Java applet?

I could make great use of (URL) little utility, but I don't have Internet access from home. Is there a simple (but overlooked by me) way to download or save this applet so that I can use it at home? Thanks for any assistance. Dave! (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: We're here to go

Dave K and I are both right although the casual reader may not see it. He's right under the assumption that all your mass is going to come from earth and you need a place to assemble all the bits and pieces into a ship that was too big to launch in (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We're here to go

(...) If I recall correctly, 90 percent of the fuel of any launch from the earth is used to get thru the atmosphere--that it's only 10 percent that is used for combatting gravity. That said, lifting off the earth, then landing on the moon, then (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: We're here to go

(...) Boost the fuel (and oxidizer) from earth? Fuel maybe, oxidizer no. The moon has among its most common elements: oxygen, silicon and aluminum Solar cells can be made from silicon and aluminum + trace elements. Just add energy. (and technology (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact