 Off-Topic / Geek / 4415 (-5)
  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) Probably best to ask at dyndns as they provide this functionality. ROSCO (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) I am pretty sure that this question has been answered for you twice now -- you need a service that tracks the dynamic IP, catches requests for your domain, and then redirects those requests to the dynamic IP and hence to your server. I think (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) So I guess my problems are the fact I have a dynamic IP address, and a router which has a public IP address outside, but a private IP address inside the router. The Apache server is located on private IP address, so anyone outside my network (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial to walk me through installing/setting up the Apache server on my Windows PC? Or can someone walk me through this via e-mail? I run Windows XP, and connect through a Linksys router to the internet with a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Web Site Launch

(...) Also, if connectivity is provided by, for example, a cable company broadband or phone DSL provider, there is a chance that the external IP (probably "24.217.75.125") won't stay that way forever but will periodically (weekly? Monthly?) change. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact