 Off-Topic / Geek / 417
    Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?) —Simon Robinson
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes: <Massive snip> (...) You mean the transcendental numbers, presumably? I seem to recall reading that practically every number along the real number line is transcendental, with just odd blips where you (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?) —Todd Lehman
     (...) Well, since transcendentals are a subset of the irrationals, so there's no way that transcendentals can constitute a bigger infinity than the irrationals. All transcendentals are irrational (but the converse isn't true). pi is transcendental (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?) —Larry Pieniazek
   Do put your oar in Simon, I think you're making some good points (...) Knowing deep in your inner being what something means, and being able to use it to make predictions, are two different things. I won't pretend to understand quanta, or (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate)