 Off-Topic / Geek / 4125 (-5)
  Re: URL: Fifty Innovations Driven By NSF Research Funding

(...) Whew, good thing the NSF funded that. Otherwise, we might be stuck with a shrinking universe, and who wants that? (...) See, now, if you ask me, I'd say they could have skipped that one. (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) If I'd only known what I'd be starting! Heh. A) Yeah, good mouse tactic, but I dislike using the mouse unless I have to. B) I always forget the exact keycombo for straight to the end, thanks. C) yep. but that goes without saying. OR DOES IT? (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers

(...) And note that either way you select your huge chunk, you can use shift and cursor keys to adjust the end of the selection. You can also re-adjust the end with a shift mouse-click. FUT: lugnet.off-topic.geek (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Lots of geeky things listed here on this US National Science Foundation page. (URL) Nifty Fifty: Innovations Driven By NSF Research Funding 1. Accelerating, Expanding Universe 2. American Sign Language Dictionary Development 3. Antarctic Ozone Hole (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: A space physics question

(...) it's all relative isn't it. you could set up a thruster system to ensure that your anchor point wouldn't move, relatively. (...) yes, again, this is possible the key here is that you zig zag points stay the required distance apart. (...) this (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact