 Off-Topic / Geek / 4122
   Lots of geeky things listed here on this US National Science Foundation page. (URL) Nifty Fifty: Innovations Driven By NSF Research Funding 1. Accelerating, Expanding Universe 2. American Sign Language Dictionary Development 3. Antarctic Ozone Hole (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: URL: Fifty Innovations Driven By NSF Research Funding —Matthew Miller
     (...) Whew, good thing the NSF funded that. Otherwise, we might be stuck with a shrinking universe, and who wants that? (...) See, now, if you ask me, I'd say they could have skipped that one. (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: URL: Fifty Innovations Driven By NSF Research Funding —Matthew Miller
   (...) Oh and, from this article: The vBNS is only available for meritorious research projects with high-bandwidth uses and is not used for general Internet traffic. Y'know, like students swapping movies before they've come out in theaters, that sort (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)