 Off-Topic / Geek / 4077
Re: Keep those 4.5volt trains alive!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 03:21:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:

Rayovac Renewal (tm) rechargable alkalines put out 1.5v.  They are also
cheaper and safer (for us and the environment) than NiCads.  How about
NiMH batteries, what voltage do they put out?

-chris

Good point Chris, I already have the NiCads so I am being kind to the
environment by continuing to use them. :-)!

I think NiMh are a nominal 1.2volts like the NiCads.

I would think that any of the available rechargeable would be ok as I doubt
the voltage is all that critical. If anyone is concerned they could use just
three 1.5 volt rechargeables.