 Off-Topic / Geek / 3915
Re: Moonbase Module Started
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 01:05:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Nicole Drumm writes:
"Allan Bedford" wrote in message ..
(Snipped for the purpose of taking the thread on a complete tangent)

Nicole,

I followed this link in your message:

http://www.geocities.com/duelarcane1/

And came across this interesting page:

http://www.geocities.com/duelarcane1/athas/athas-info.htm

What I found truly interesting was the alphabet you describe there.  This is
a rather innovative concept.  Is this original work?  Was it inspired by
something?  Is there an Athas language?  Or just letters?  I'm curious to
know more about it if you'd like to share.

Its basically taken from the written Bionicle language,

Bionicle!!!   Ahhhh!!!!!  Say it ain't so.   ;)

but instead of circles
I used diamonds, and came up with the writing style.

I was thinking it would make really decorative wall prints, done in the
diamond shape that you show as the sample.  Sort of like tiled
hieroglyphics.  It also reminded me somewhat of the way in which the message
is encoded in the movie 'Contact'.

The spoken language
sounds a lot like English. Strange... :)

Well, I just thought I'd ask.  :)

No telling how far people will go.... inventing a new language is a lot of
work, but not entirely uncommon.

All the best,
Allan B.