 Off-Topic / Geek / 3900 (-5)
  Re: Yet another idea - Portable Ldraw system

(...) Okay, this is a quick and dirty list, just what I've observed or confirmed today: Menu - The right-click menu is very confusing. Why not put this in the menu bar and standard dialog boxes? File browser is confusing, as is file filter. Menu - (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Yet another idea - Portable Ldraw system

(...) Sure, go ahead and elaborate. I can't fix it if I don't know about it. I did actually try to fix the text update speed at one point. That's a well known problem with the glut library I use. I can't remember why I stopped working on a fix for (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Yet another idea - Portable Ldraw system

(...) Sure thing, but could you perhaps elaborate just a bit on the meaning of "work properly"? Are you looking for multiple levels of polling like l3lab? Don And by the way, since we're in o-t.geek: vi? blech! At least emacs has the ldraw-mode (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Yet another idea - Portable LDraw system

(...) I tried to get LeoCAD into Debian last year with the help of a Debian devel but they were too scared of adding the library without a license (there's a long discussion on the Debian-Jr mailing list archives). I even have .deb packages ready (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Yet another idea - Portable Ldraw system

(...) I tried it recently, but I am afraid I am too used to writing my models in `vi` to apprecate the interface. Speed-wise it seemed okay. I would rather prefer that you spent some time getting the "polling" feature to work properly. Play well, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact