 Off-Topic / Geek / 3848
Re: Another fine use for LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.fun
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:46:20 GMT

Ross Crawford wrote:

http://www.async.caltech.edu/~kp/Misc/friode.html

ROSCO

FUT: .off-topic.geek (why is there no .on-topic.geek???)

Well, you could have posted to lugnet.fun, or lugnet.general.

I think the reason lugnet.off-topic.geek exists is a recognition that
many (most?) of us are also involved in things of a geeky nature, and
that it is natural for us to want to talk about them with our friends.
lugnet.geek is not really necessary because any merging of geek toys and
LEGO toys probably fits into some other area, and we have several
potential groups with wide charters (fun, general, build, robotics
[which is not exclusively Mindstorms]).

Frank