 Off-Topic / Geek / 358
Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:59:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper Janssen) writes:
[...]
In the case of posting via the web-interface screwing up - I would
place my bets on the "newsreader" bits of perl (Todd, do you make an
NNTP connection to localhost to inject articles, or do you do deeper
voodoo?).

It makes an actual NNTP connection (no voodoo) and doesn't limit the length
of the References field via the HTML form or anything like that.

I haven't yet noticed this bug in Netscape 4.5[01] showing up in other
newsgroups on my regular server, though. I fear it may be an
unfortunate interaction between the Todd-modified CNews and Netscape.

I didn't modify any of those parts of CNews.

--Todd