 Off-Topic / Geek / 3395 (-10)
  Re: Robot 'bugs' - the new fad?

(...) Only if the other species attacks by trying to bite the enemy's eyeballs. (Yes I know that you saw it coming. I know you did. HA!) LFB (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Robot 'bugs' - the new fad?

Just like the look of these, thought I'd share the story! (URL) by this excerpt: They are designed to "herd" with their kind and battle with other species by, as Tilden himself put it, "stomping on the other one's head." Is this guy related to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Directory listing?

(...) That's cool too, but Dan's "DIR > FILE" suggestion worked, since I had to monkey around with the information. I played with the output file and came up with what was needed. Thanks all the same! Dave! (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Directory listing?

(...) pretty close, it should be: dir >LPT1 This might not work over a networked printer, but you could always redirect the dir to a text file and print it from there. As in: dir >c:\foo.txt -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Directory listing?

(...) Hmm. You're laughing, but I think that'll do just what I need. Thanks! Dave! (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Directory listing?

(...) but I (...) heh, 'fraid I won't be much help here - I don't use NT, if I can avoid it... maybe, something like dir > :PRN dir > PRN: (maybe LPT instead of PRN?) or, dir > file and open the file in notepad and print it :) *grin* Dan (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Directory listing?

Can someone (probably Dan Boger, since he always comes to my rescue on computer questions!) tell me how to print a directory listing? I'm using Windows NT at work; at home I'd use ACDSee to pull the directory info, but I don't have that option here. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  lenses, webcams, magnafication

As part of my masters research I need to collect images of the leaves of the plant that I study for later image analysis. Typically this is done through a destructive harvest of the tissue and the image is captured using a flatbed scanner. My (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  WOW! Ever loose a web page?

This is VERY cool! Has a web site you loved gone belly up? Loose track of a page with important info? Return to a site to see that special something, only to find that the site has updated and that special something no longer exists? I found this (...) (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Pop-Up Stopper (was: Re: Photos of my MOCs)

(...) I tried it, it seems to work well for me. Ironically, the outfit seems to be quite active in privacy issues and has some good resources for research into the topic if one is so inclined. (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact