 Off-Topic / Geek / 3350 (-5)
  Re: English question

(...) It means A/B. ---...--- TWS Garrison tgarriso@math.purdue.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  English question

I have a question about the English language. If I say "the ratio of A to B," does this mean (in mathematical notation) A/B or B/A? Or something completely different? Fredrik (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Web Hosting Services Question

(...) (URL) have been a couple bumps along the way getting stuff up, but the support is very fast (I usually get an email reply within 24 or fewer hours). You get a ton of stuff for what you pay too. (Subdomains, MySQL, PHP, etc...) And if you need (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  New Bill expands the DMCA

I just read this article on Wired.com, about a new bill to expand the DMCA: (URL) will force manufacturers to place copy protection on all electronic devices that deal with digital media. In addition, this supercedes Fair Use, and sounds to me like (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Web Hosting Services Question

(URL) $9.95 a month with unlimited transfers, dedicated ip, telnet access etc. One shell email account is provided with five mailboxes. It seems they are offering RealAudio server setup for free as well. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact