 Off-Topic / Geek / 3246
Re: code red anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 08:27:31 GMT

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message
news:20010801133530.D2517@peeron.com...
Just curious, anyone else seeing code red hits on their server?  :)
Peeron.com got 4 since this morning... the server it's on got 470 so
far...

Yep, I got 144 hits to my servers in the past 24 hours. Not running IIS
(yet!), running WebSite on NT4. Logs sent to dshield.org already, if anyone
else has hits in their logs I suggest you pass them along even if you don't
run IIS as dshield.org will contact the admins of the affected IPs to try
and get them to install patches (although looking at a few of the ones that
I've been hit by it looks like whoever plugged them into the net don't even
realise IIS is installed as you get that "Under construction" default IIS
page indicating that there is no index page on the site). IIS is a great
server if you keep up with patches (just like any other piece of software,
it's going to have bugs in it!), the only reason I've stuck with WebSite for
6 years is because it natively supports VB Win-CGI, but as I move my code to
ASP components I'm moving to ASP.Net for improved performance and
scalability ... and while I'm here, if anyone has VB, ASP, or other Windows
NT/2000 web development related questions I'm happy to help out - just mail
me direct at danielc@helio.co.uk!

Dan