 Off-Topic / Geek / 2861
Re: Home Networks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:17:34 GMT

Jamie Obrien wrote:

DNS and Bind 3rd ed
ISBN: 1565925122
Publisher: O'Reilly Author: Paul Albitz & Cricket Liu
Everything Linux Rank: 117
Stocking: Normally In Stock
Weight: 1.000kg/s

I was wondering if anyone could reccomend either of these 2 books, or any
other that they are aware of.

I've read this one, and it's ok, but less focused than most O'Reilly
books I've read.  still, enough to teach you all you need to know about
DNS. :)

if you're running linux, another thing you should take a look at is
Ipchains, to give your server at least some kind of protection...

:)

Dan

I will be running a Linux Red Hat system with all the usuall suspects, web,
mail, ftp and anything else i can find. I'm hoping to use this as a learning
experience to see how much crazier i can become (before i crack, Oops, too
late!).

Thanks
Jamie
<Arghhhhh, here comes another car to sdfjfdvf.b.b............>