 Off-Topic / Geek / 2848
Re: PS2, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 05:14:26 GMT

Bryan & All,

Sorry, I work at Meijer here in the Midwest ( http://www.meijer.com ) and
all employess get a 12% discount.

Ah, gotcha.  I can get 15% off at Target, but they don't ever have any in
stock... ah well.

You just have to harass the toy manager and the hardline managers everyday
you work. When the next shipment came, they gave us first dibs! : )

Death of Gamecube? That's a new one! Where did this come from, they won't • be
out until 2002 I think.

I apologize, I phrased that incorrectly... what I meant to say is: With • the
death of the Dreamcast, and the fact that the Gamecube and the XBox won't • be
out for another year, I figure I'd better get a PS2 before summer... :)

Well, I just read in PSM that the PS2 might get a 100 price drop when they
do come on board, so it will be interesting. I don't know if I am that
interested in a X-Box or not yet. We shall see.

you can always swap out the hard drives in those things, burn the data to
CD-ROMs and rig one up to play CDs... it may cost more than video tapes • but
at least it's digital.

That is true. I can wait! : )

I don't watch live TV. If I don't record it, I don't see it. I work too
much.
Ah.  I see... I don't watch that much live TV myself, but that's because
most modern television (like most modern music) sucks.

Indeed. I hate most TV, although I am really enjoying some of the fine works
in the Christian realm of music, but that's for another discussion! : )

Scott S.
--
Personal Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html
LEGO Index Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html