 Off-Topic / Geek / 2807
Re: Microsoft spreads Linux FUD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:57:54 GMT

Erik:

Microsoft Executive Says Linux Threatens Innovation

http://news.cnet.com/investor/news/newsitem/0-9900-1028-4825719-RHAT.html

''Open source is an intellectual-property destroyer,'' [Microsoft's] Allchin • said. ''I can't imagine
something that could be worse than this for the software business and the
intellectual-property business.''

Considering that the Open Source community probably are some
of the best "educated" people when it comes to intellectual
property rights, that is quite a joke.

On the other hand. Laywers is probably also some of the most
damaging that exists for law-and-order. ;-)

Allchin said he's concerned that the open-source business
model could stifle initiative in the computer industry.

Since he calls it the Open Source _business_ model, he can not
be serious about that.

''I'm an American, I believe in the American Way,'' he said.
''I worry if the government encourages open source, and I
don't think we've done enough education of policy makers to
understand the threat.''

I am not American - and I am proud of that - but I can't see
how the Open Source business model can threathen "The Policeman
of the World".

/Jacob (board member of the world's largest LUG - www.sslug.dk)