 Off-Topic / Geek / 2680 (-5)
  Re: Off on a tangent (or a sine, anyway)

(...) Yep! It's measured from the baseline to a peak (or a valley). (...) <grin> the term for that is half a wavelength, or Crest to Trough. Something like that. (A wavelength is measured from peak to peak, so peak to valley is 1/2 of it). (...) Yes (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Off on a tangent (or a sine, anyway)

(...) Doh! I was trying to be so careful! I thought amplitude was the "height" from high to low--is it actually half that? At any rate, I meant to write the min occurs at y=60, so that the high points occur along the line y=180 and the low points (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Off on a tangent (or a sine, anyway)

(...) I'm a little rusty myself, but there are bits and pieces here that don't quite add up, I think. Having a wavelength of 324 (I'm assuming you mean degrees, although you without stating degrees normally means radians) in which case your sin (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Off on a tangent (or a sine, anyway)

I'm working on something that's taxing my limited knowledge of trig functions, so forgive me if my terminology is a little messed up: I need to graph a sine function with a wavelength of 324 and an amplitude of 120 passing through point (0,180) at a (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Because the mind of a bored Legomaniac at work is a dangerous thing...

(...) And yet another that came to me at work: #9: Little plastic bricks They don't do much by themselves But together? Wow! (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact