 Off-Topic / Geek / 2639
    Re: Bitstring vector to list conversion in Perl5 —Dan Boger
   (...) well, I can think of several ways of doing it, but since $v might be millions of bits long, we don't really want to get the full list in memory ever. So I guess the simplest way would be to run through the vector, indexing the 1s: (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Bitstring vector to list conversion in Perl5 —Todd Lehman
   (...) $veclength = length($v) * 8; It isn't precise, but it's fast -- and a few bits of slop would be perfectly OK here since the slop would be 0-bits. :-) (...) Well, plus, map{} is also almost always slower than looping (especially with use (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)