 Off-Topic / Geek / 2459
Re: Private boards?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 21:53:20 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:

Can't help you with lugnet, but for wamaltc and wamalug private
communications, we use egroups[1].  I'm not completely happy with it, but it
does allow you to run votes, store files, and manage a calander...  in
addition to web posting and reading, archives, and a mailing list...

Some groups I am in use it as well, we use many of those features and the
price is great. Have you figured out how to get egroups to emit a digest of
all messages still archived? We have so many messages that the web interface
is a bit much, and we had a recent new member ask for an offline way to read
what had went before so he'd be up to speed quicker (we archive group
decisions when we remember, etc but still...)

FUT to o-t.geek

++Lar