 Off-Topic / Geek / 2457
  Re: "jump.cgi" considered harmful ? (1)

(...) OK, well I am confused now. I thought that since tracert can't really ask all the routers on the routing to report interroutter times, that what it displays is the time from where the trace is run to that particular router, one router after (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: "jump.cgi" considered harmful ? (1)

(...) No, you're right. I don't understand how you're confused. If it was my original assertion that it might have been the UUNet network that was causing the suck, well... You got how traceroute works completely right. But something to keep in mind (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)