 Off-Topic / Geek / 234
Re: learning languages (was: Re: Perl rules!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:36:48 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Now imagine if you
could learn programming languages that way -- instead of reading a book
to learn the syntax, semantics, and idioms, you heard people talking it
all day long...
   "Proc defun lambda dict?"
   "For if while do, repeat setq cons."
   "Def go, printf!"

"What The--?!  Why don't we use words we already know?"

And thus the evil in Grace Hopper begat COBOL.

Can you imagine the spelling errors that would pop up in code if programming
languages were spoken?  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

--