 Off-Topic / Geek / 2260
Re: Problems viewing GS Homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 21:54:24 GMT

Kyle Keppler <kyle@kylekeppler.com> wrote:
Hmm, yup, that got to be it. Missed that second <frameset> before. I tested
it on my netscpae and the way it is now it wasn't working, I added the
</frameset> and it worked fine. Seems like IE displayed the page fine with
out the missing tag, but of corse NN did not...

This is bad behavior on IE's part, really. At first, it seems good of IE to
try and render incorrect HTML as best as possible -- but then add in the
fact that Microsoft's content generation tools *make* bad HTML that Netscape
often can't decypher, and you've got them makings of a grand conspiracy.

If all browsers complained (helpfully) about bad HTML, then all HTML would
be good...

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/