 Off-Topic / Geek / 2150
Re: Your SW Custom Work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:21:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tim Saupé writes:
For whatever reason, this service likes to hack off the end of the url - it's
fbtb, not

That's so bizzare, but IIRC it seems to be consistent with other posts you've
made being chopped, IIRC.  Anyway, if by "this service" you mean MSIE 4.5 for
Mac_PowerPC (the browser used to post your message, according to its headers),
that would be correct.  In other words, what was received by the lugnet.com
server from your browser is exactly what appears in the post.  (I checked the
HTTP form logs on the server to confirm.)  Hmm, I wonder if perhaps some
intermediate stage of your browser's form-submission process is truncating the
last two bytes, expecting them to be CRLF, but not checking.  Could you try
posting a message from your web browser to lugnet.off-topic.test[1] and hit
the Return/Enter key once after the very last line?

I *think* this is a bug in your browser, since it seems to be consistent and
localized to that, but I *hope* that it's a bug in my CGI interface, somehow
related to the way the Mac sends newlines.  If the latter is the case, we can
probably figure out a workaround or bugfix using some even lower-level form
logging.

--Todd

[1] http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/test/