 Off-Topic / Geek / 2130
RE: Unexpected Email Message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:00:04 GMT

They possibly do...I checked your message, and it's Precedence, NOT
X-Precedence....is this something you could check on and fix if required?
[or is this just my mail server here...the one that prevents threading? ]

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory...Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Lehman [mailto:lehman@javanet.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 9:29 AM
To: lugnet.general@lugnet.com; lugnet.off-topic.geek@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Unexpected Email Message

In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller writes:
I get 2-3 of these every time I post to the robotics group. • People seem to
have forgotten the standard netiquette of unsubscribe to • lists when you go
on vacation. (Or at least filtering them around your
vacation message.)

Hmm, that's too bad.  :-(  I thought auto-responders were
supposed to look at
the X-Precedence header of the SMTP message and not respond
if the value was
set to 'list' or 'bulk'.

--Todd

[followups to .off-topic.geek]