 Off-Topic / Geek / 2100
Re: Domain names, re-registering of same.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:09:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:
Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:
I have a domain name that is almost out of paid time. I got it back in the
days when Network Solutions was the only registry game in town. Other people
are cheaper now. I am interested in transferring this name over. Have other
people done this? What was the process?

I haven't, but I intend to. You have to fill out some forms and get them
notarized. It's kind of a pain. There's a FAQ on register.com's site:
<http://www.register.com/faq/transfer-register.cgi?1|2094547869|>. I assume
any other registrar who wants you to be able to transfer easily will provide
something similar.

Register.com is just as expensive as NSI, btw, but they provide a nice
web-based management interface and they'll do DNS for you, so if that's
useful to you....

Thanks. That in fact is where I registered miltontrainworks.com and
bricksmiths.com because while the per year price was the same, I was able to
pay for 5 years at a time, which is worth something to me. And I use their DNS
too. It was a pain to get going, took a month or so.

++Lar