 Off-Topic / Geek / 1915
1914  |  1916
Subject:
"EarthLink.Net" = spam ?...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 04:30:16 GMT

Over the past several months, I have noticed that an increasing percentage
of the spam I receive is from addresses in the "earthlink.net" domain.
Has anyone else noticed this?

When I forward said messages to EarthLink's postmaster,
they invariably say "The headers were forged, dude,
not my problem" or words to that effect.
Just how can these spammers be forging EarthLink's domain
so easily (compared to any other domain, specifically)?
And what can I do to stop receiving these spam messages
with the supposedly forged headers?

It has gotten to the point that I have just installed a filter
(removing one of my other anti-spam filters) redirecting
all email -- *ALL* email -- from the "earthlink.net" domain
*immediately* to my Trash folder.  (...Serves the sunzabiches right!...)

I hate spam...

Thanks,
Franklin

=====
Franklin Cain (and please do *not* call me "Frank" ;-)
fwcain@yahoo.com | http://fcain.tripod.com/
USE OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED... MAKE MY (LAWYER'S) DAY, PUNK!