 Off-Topic / Geek / 1775
RE: Grrr... another virus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 02:48:28 GMT

Actually, there's one with a .shs extension going around now, too. This is
possibly the one you got. We got a warning about it here at work a couple of
days ago. If you want any mor info on it, let me know.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Shiri Dori [mailto:shirid@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 12:45 PM
To: lugnet.off-topic.geek@lugnet.com
Subject: Grrr... another virus

Hey,

Personally I hate getting the warnings as much as the
viruses... BUT...

My mom got an email laballed "Fwd: JOKE". When she opened it,
it replaced the
content of all our .jpg, .wav, .mp3 and other files with some
VBS c**p. Lucky
for us, almost all our pics are stored on the web (mine on
Brickshelf, our
family's on Zing) so we can restore them... but others might
not be so lucky.

The VBS file also forwards itself to everyone on your address list
automatically, so it might be from someone you know. Be careful...

-Shiri