 Off-Topic / Geek / 166
165  |  167
Subject:
anyone ordered stuff from x10.com?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 17:24:20 GMT

http://www.x10.com/homepage.htm

Aside from the fact that this place seems to always be running "hurry
up and buy it before it goes off sale in 2 days" promotions, their
stuff looks pretty cool.

My friends and I ordered a few of their "free" firecracker home
automation kits the other day when we saw them on Slashdot.  Free
except for $5.90 shipping.  I figure being able to turn lights on and
off in my home from my PC is worth $6 just for the geek factor.

But they seem to have a whole line of cool stuff, with lots of people
out their writing cool software to take advantage of it.

A friend of mine ordered their DVD Anywhere device a while back and
seems pleased with it.  Another just ordered about $200 more
automation/security stuff last week.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has ordered stuff from them and
what you think of the stuff and the company.  I'm considering ordering
their DVD Anywhere system right now because it'll let me transmit my
DVD player's signal to my computer which is too far away for standard
cabling to reach and would allow me to video capture scenes from my
favorite DVD's, in addition to all the little "free" extras they throw
in, like the 8-in-1 learning remote that might just be good enough to
replace the 4 I currently use.

--
The pieces you want and nothing else - easy online bidding!
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)