 Off-Topic / Geek / 1646
Re: Help needed, I'm in big big trouble!..:-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 15:09:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Selçuk Göre writes:

I've lost my lego inventory spreadsheet (an Excel 2000 file) to a system lock
up. Actually I still have the file, but Excel refuses to open it (gives an
"unable to read file" error after reading half of it)

It contains all of my parts inventory (approximatly 45000 parts from 250 sets)
If I can't save it anyhow, my only choice will be constructing all the sets
from the beginning which would also require taking all them apart and • resorting
all the pieces. A work load of centuries maybe..:-(

Anyone has a solution for it? I've tried some resources from the internet, but
the only thing that I've came up with is a 150 USD software which is well
beyond my budget.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Selçuk,

No promises but you might want to check out this Freeware/Trial Software site.

http://www.softseek.com/

I did a quick search on "File Recovery" and got over 500 hits.  This is the
resulting URL which is long so you probably need to cut and paste.

http://softseeksearch.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?keywords=File+Recovery&seeki
ndex=indexpc&maxresults=025&cb=

Most of the software is 30 day free trial so you can use it for whatever the
trial period is before it will require you to pay for it.  This might be the
cheapest way to try and recover your file.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: