 Off-Topic / Geek / 1569
Re: Seeking Assistance: HTML coding: Adjusting Size of Target Window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 07:47:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Kevin Salm writes:

<snipped>

-  I would like to have ONE and only ONE pop-up window appear to display the
images
(sample images for size perspective:
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/3895.gif)
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/2641.gif

If you direct the url to a target with the same name, it will be placed in the
same window.

window.open(url, name, features, replace)

url- the url to display in the window
name - the name of the window used to 'target' new urls to.
features - a string in which a lot of options can be set.
replace - boolean that specifies whether the 'url' that is loaded should
replace the current url in the history of that window.

-  Each time a hyperlink is clicked on the main page I want the image
updated and the window to remain on top.  This is to allow fast browsing
through the text listings.

to keep a window on top set the following property:
window.setZOptions("alwaysRaised")

- Would like the size of the target window to be only as large as necessary
to accommodate the image.  Do not want a full-screen target window.

to resize a window:
window.resizeTo(width,heigth)

Prefer replies to my email

Did both, it might be useful to other people as well and maybe someone has a
better solution :-)

Oh and FUP to lugnet.publish

--
Frank Buiting