 Off-Topic / Geek / 149
    Re: True Geekness —Ed Jones
   (...) Yeah, that's just what my other half says. :') Sorry, I bust his chops for it all the time. Almost everyday when I boot up the computer, its a new experience! He has this wonderful habit of reconfiguring things and then leaving me to figure (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: True Geekness —Todd Lehman
   (...) It's not really fixed at 500 pixels or anything, it's just whatever width the particular message you're viewing happens to be. Most of the time, it's an 80-column ASCII text message, displayed in Times Roman (or whatever the default (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: True Geekness —Mike Faunce
     Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) Nah. Then we'd have to scroll :) Mike (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: True Geekness —Steve Bliss
   (...) Slight clarification here (I'm sure I'm one of the people who said they didn't like to scroll horizontally): I don't like horizontal scrolling, when it was a design choice of the site developer(s). If the data is visually structured, and it (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)