 Off-Topic / Geek / 143
  True Geekness

Tongue planted firmly in cheek!! How geeklike of Todd to spring an announced change to the "program" without a word of warning! Tongue out of cheek. I like the overall look of the new web interface, but would prefer a list of the last 20 posts with (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: True Geekness

(...) More candid/open/spontaneous/frank feedback from people this way sometimes. (...) Have you seen where the traffic page now points? (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: True Geekness

(...) Yeah, that's just what my other half says. :') Sorry, I bust his chops for it all the time. Almost everyday when I boot up the computer, its a new experience! He has this wonderful habit of reconfiguring things and then leaving me to figure (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: True Geekness

(...) It's not really fixed at 500 pixels or anything, it's just whatever width the particular message you're viewing happens to be. Most of the time, it's an 80-column ASCII text message, displayed in Times Roman (or whatever the default (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: True Geekness

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) Nah. Then we'd have to scroll :) Mike (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: True Geekness

(...) Slight clarification here (I'm sure I'm one of the people who said they didn't like to scroll horizontally): I don't like horizontal scrolling, when it was a design choice of the site developer(s). If the data is visually structured, and it (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: True Geekness

(...) Todd, any reason there is no link to the traffic page from "(URL) The only link directly to Traffic I saw was the intro/setup screen. A link on the Traffic site from the page listing all the groups would be great. (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: True Geekness

(...) Well, one reason is that that /news/groups/ page is obsolescent, but as soon as some meaningful icon for the traffic/activity page comes to mind, then it'll probably appear in a whole bunch of places. --Todd (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)

  Traffic icon and link

(...) OK, there's now a little honeycomb-dots icon thingy for the top bar -- it says "Traffic" beneath the icon, and it takes you to the /news/traffic/ page. It automatigically appears at the top of any of the newer pages in the system (that is, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general)