 Off-Topic / Geek / 1428
Re: MPEG Encoing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:42:43 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Dan Boger <dan@giccs.georgetown.edu> writes:

test.mpg is a combined I, B, and P frames (PATTERN IBBPBBPBBPBBPB) and
seems jerky to me - does it work better for anyone else?

Sorry about the late answer -- I've been on vacation.

You may want to notice that XAnim only displays I-frames, not B or P.
This may be why it looks jerky to you.

I would suggest using mpeg_play to playback the movie rather than
XAnim, or you may even try MpegTV (www.mpegtv.com).  Both are better
to view MPEG files, as they also display B and P-frames.

And the movie looks good to me!  Cool!

Fredrik