 Off-Topic / Geek / 1370
Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:27:00 GMT

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:17:44 GMT "Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> wrote
concerning 'Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer':
In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Did you really think that was funny? Talk about arrogant. I type this on
a 192 MB real memory 600 MHz pentium III running NT and boy is it slow.

compared to my Pentium I, 200 MHz, 64 MB, that run so much faster and
does so much more :P

Well I dunno if you can do MORE on Linux (we ought to take this to .geek,
Linux doesn't yet have the vast body of apps that Wintel does) but you
certainly can do a lot of things faster.

it's true that the app base is not as big, yet...  but considering
what I use my home win95 for - basicly browsing and ssh-ing, I can do
that better on linux, while doing a lot of other things at the same
time...

Dan