 Off-Topic / Geek / 1368
Re: "Free" pcs anybody?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:40:06 GMT

Julie Krenz wrote:

Hi geek friends!I'm visiting my parents and they are in desperate need of a
new pc. I know certain online services were offering free pcs for signing up.
Anybody know of any that are currently available?email me at tmj2015@yahoo.com
if you can be of any help.(1)
Julie
(1) hope nobody gets offened by this post, I read the tos for .geek and
thought it ok. ("helpful nature")

I know it does not fit, but there is a internet madness right now here
in Turkey, and every major isp gives free pcs to anyone who signs a
three year contract (20 to 50$ per month depending on the
configuration). Besides, other isps, who can't give free pcs, lowered
their prices down to 12$ for a year of unlimited access.

It's not so good actually, although computer and internet market
exploded like a 25 MT nuke, since internet backbone started buckling
under the newly added weight since nobody expected this much of
interest. Bad planning is a common Turkish practice, unfortunately..:-(

Selçuk