 Off-Topic / Geek / 1306
Re: Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:11:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Not to mention that XFree86 doesn't have a driver for my video card, so I'll
have to X into my Linux box from another machine.  :-P  Cool news is, I've
come across a GPL X server implemented completely in Java (1); I've been
waiting to see just how stable / fast / fun / etc. it really is.

I finally just gave up on trying to get XFree86 to work with my video card...
finally just went out to Comp U.S.S.R. and bought a cheapo $69 card that was
known to work with it (XFree86 3.3.5 at the time).  Not bad, BTW, for $69 --
pumps out 1600x1200x16-bit @ 75 Hz. no problem, and scrolls quicker than dang.

--Todd