 Off-Topic / Geek / 130
Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:49:58 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Why salaries and comp are closely guarded may be an interesting .debate
topic.

I'm in the process of finding a new employer now, and I'm using
recruiters (headhunters) for the first time.  What am I supposed to
answer when they ask what I make?  I'd rather not tell them, but I also
don't want them to fail to pass on my resumes as a result of my being
difficult.  The truth is, that I make about half of what I'd like to be
making at the next place, but if I admit how little I'm making I'm
afraid I will be taken less seriously.

Any advice anyone?

Oh, and while I'm at it, anyone hiring in New Jersey?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA