 Off-Topic / Geek / 1226
Re: Steve Jackson
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 17:28:12 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote:
Hey Steve, there's an article about your infamous incident on slashdot
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/03/01/0933228&mode=thread&threshold=-1

Yah, Steve took note of this in the Daily Illuminator:

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/

...which points to a very good summary of the events:

http://www.sjgames.com/SS/

heh, the dir name "SS" is historically significant.  I've read through
summaries of this event several times, but this is the first time I noticed
that the SS officer in charge took SJ Games down because of a three-line
summary of how the Kermit protocol works -- in 1990, years after Kermit was
largely obsolete!

It just goes to show:  never attribute to malice that which can be adequately
explained by sheer stupidity.

Cheers,
- jsproat

Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society