 Off-Topic / Geek / 1171
    Re: Databases and the Internet Question or Two —Kevin Loch
   (...) I'm using MySQL. It has it's limitations (I bet Larry will expand on that) but it's open-source and free (in most cases). For a comercial project I would use Oracle (which is about as far from free as you can get with databases). KL (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Databases and the Internet Question or Two —Larry Pieniazek
   If you're talking large scale commercial you need a RDBMS, nothing else will scale big enough (well, maybe IMS but that's pretty trailing edge at this point, you need a CICS/MVS box to drive it) And from among the RDBMS's your choices are basically (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Databases and the Internet Question or Two —Steven Vore
   (...) Agreed. As [oh, geez, I can'r remember his name now - MS database project manager guy at a conference I attended] said, "sure, there's a time to move up from Access. That time is when the second user will need to connect." -- -Steven "Nothin' (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Databases and the Internet Question or Two —Steven Vore
   (...) Bill Vaughn. And now I'm not sure he was a project manager. *sigh* the brain's rotting away here... -- -Steven "Nothin' But Net!" (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)