 Off-Topic / Geek / 1170
1169  |  1171
Subject:
Databases and the Internet Question or Two
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:41:30 GMT

Hello!

Curiosity:
What kinds of database systems are used (i.e. Essbase, Sybase, dBase,
Access, Approach, AS400, whatever..), are typically used by companies,
or recommended by consultants, when the source of the data would be
supplied by internet users? (Where the user would visit a site,
fill out a form, etc.)

I know that Access can output to the web, and that data mining
applications, such as Cognos Impromptu, can output data from a
database to a website, I find myself curious to know what/how
things are done the other way 'round!

Websites/Newsgroups, any sources known by the reader to which
I could be pointed, would be greatly appreciated!

Richard