 Off-Topic / Fun / 9992 (-5)
  Re: Geek Speak?

(...) What makes you think the meteorite imagery wasn't intended? In fact, it's exactly the reason the word is chosen: it implies a quick, overwhelming, and hard-to-unavoid effect. If your complaint is about excessive hyperbole, okay, you have a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) I guess I just read from the Spanish sentence to the kimosabe one, and lumped the two together in my mind. Didn't see a tonto reference in your post, but then again, didn't read the post before yours... Everything indicated to me you were (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) My predigested self : ) Kimosabe I think is Indian for friend, and I said that I'm taking Spanish so I would've known what tonto means. It's ok you didn't understand though. Only the young know how to read "predigested pap" : ))))) Hasta la (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) LOL gotta love, or hate, that pop culture. My University of Chicago Spanish-Engilsh dictionary has 9 entries for words that start with "k," and none of them are "kimosabe." The word vaguely looks like it could be a Spanish word, but something (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: predigested pap (was Re: Star Destroyer

(...) Do you have a wrist guard on your desk? (...) touche...Had this discussion been held later in the year, I would know more spanish, I'm taking it this year! Oh, I forgot to say, I now know kimosabe, means possibly, friend? (...) Thanks. Hasta (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact