 Off-Topic / Fun / 9974
Re: Geek Speak?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 06:02:33 GMT

Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote:
But a few turns of phrase still strike me as particularly odd.  When I
worked at a hobby store some years ago, I frequently heard hardcore game
geeks use phrases such as "me like!" to describe a favorite item, or else
they'd say "sigh" or "groan" to denote either sound.  I imagine that those
latter two arose from online MUDs and the like, but where the heck did "me
like" originate?  Cookie Monster?  I spot the phrase on LUGNET occasionally,
so I figured that this was the place to ask.

Hmm. These things should be in the Jargon File. But they're not. Someone
call Eric Raymond.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>