 Off-Topic / Fun / 9960
    Re: Geek Speak? —Jeff Stembel
   (...) Perhaps it originates from irc chats where typing "/me like!" would display "<name> like!"? That would be my guess. Either that or they just don't want to grow up, and use so-called "baby-talk." ;) Jeff "Jeff slaps Dave! around a bit with a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Geek Speak? —James Brown
   (...) I strongly suspect something of the sort. I sometimes use ":" for much the same purpose (: grins, : needs coffee, that sort of thing), which is lifted straight from my MUSHing days. James (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)