 Off-Topic / Fun / 9893
Re: So I was playing Super Mario Brothers 3...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 02:47:26 GMT

Hmmm, never knew anything about the Tanuki.  That makes me look at it a bit
different.  Hmmm, this explains why when Mario is a Tanuki he can make
himself rock hard at will, almost stone-like.  Ya think?

e.

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jon Palmer writes:
*mildly adult oriented*

Which I haven't really played in a long long time.  I get the Tanuki suit
and I recall that the Tanuki has a rather odd place in Japanese folklore.
Among other things the Tanuki (which is sort of like a raccoon) is endowed
with rather large, um, jewels.  My friend and I were joking about how only
in Japan could such a strange thing be so accepted into mainstream culture.
Anyway we found this website with 2 small videos of a commercial for a
construction company in Japan:

http://www.stinky.com/anabu/index.html

-Jon (wondering if they have a Tanuki character at Tokyo Disney)