 Off-Topic / Fun / 9873
Re: Pirateer Game Demo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:30:32 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:

Hey:

There's a game online that looks like it could be adapted to playing with
Lego ships and such.

http://www.pirateer.com/servfree.htm

I offer the link merely as something that may be of interest to the
Pirate-minded.

A friend and I played that game several years ago. We came to the
conclusion that it wasn't a very good game. It also doesn't really have
that much to do with pirates (actually, this is a problem I have with a
lot of the "designer" games, most of them are very abstract, and really
just use the "theme" to pretty up the game). Pirateer bears more
resemblance to Backgammon than to a wargame.

Interesting that they're making the game freely available. I wonder if
it isn't selling as well as it used to?

Frank